Thursday, August 27, 2009

Public Transportation


One of the great aspects of living in a big city is the opportunity to ride public transportation. The people that you get to meet on a daily basis come from such a wide spectrum. There are the financial advisors I ride the cable car with to work who never look up from their constant emailing and twittering on their Blackberry or I-Phone. Then you have the old chinese ladies riding around with their big bags searching for bottles to recycle for money. I've heard more french from tourists on the cable cars than I heard from most of my companions. I-pods, newspapers, magazines...everyone in their own world. In these quiet moments to and from work, I often think about the lives of these people and what has brought them to this point. We are all from different backgrounds, have different goals, live different lives, but we ride the bus together. You can literally feel the essence and beauty of San Francisco while riding around on public transportation.

1 comment:

  1. Awe! What a great picture! I loved San Francisco while we were there and it was so much fun running into you guys! Thanks for all your advice on what to do. I love big cities for exactly what you mentioned, the diversity. You two are SO LUCKY to live there! Hope things are still going well. Glad I found your blog to get some updates! :^)

    ReplyDelete