Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Day For Mothers

Dear Mom,

Our hearts are full of love, gratitude, and appreciation this day as the world celebrates you. As my mother, you have been the perfect example of charity and sacrifice.

You have always been on my sidelines cheering me on in life and your warm hands comforted me when I needed them. You have always been a great example of faith and have taught me by your example how to serve others. One of the greatest lessons you taught me was to be humble, to never seek for more than what I needed, and to be happy and grateful for what I have. I admire and appreciate how you always put our family first.

You taught me the strength of women and encouraged my independence, you always had a listening ear and good advice during moments of discouragement. From you I have learned the importance of hard work, enjoying life, finding my own path, and finding excitement in the future. There are many qualities and characteristics I have gained from you.

Most importantly, you taught me about the life and example of my Savior. You taught me to rely on the Holy Ghost and be obedient to the principles of the gospel. You taught me the importance of keeping the commandments and trusting in my Heavenly Father. You taught me how to be a missionary every day for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I never questioned your love for me and am now learning more of the depths of that love. You are not only my mother, you are my friend. You loved, nurtured, and cultured me and allowed me to grow into the person that I am now. I am so grateful for you. I love you with all my heart. We love and cherish you.
















No comments:

Post a Comment